New pool build and deck Apex NC

Jun 13, 2014
Apex nc
I've just put a deposit down on an Aqua Leader Blues 30'x52" AGP package with SWG, 150lb Hayward sand filter with zeosand and 2 speed 1.5hp Hayward pump. I'm purchasing through Rising Sun in Raleigh. The pool is on order and should be in in 3 weeks.
I'm planning to do the deck myself. My pool area has about 2 feet of fall in it. I've already got a 12x30 deck that I will have to come off of and down about 4 feet to the pool deck. Here's what I've drawn up so far for my deck. It will he 50'x 42'. The deck will be 16 feet on the from side of the pool, 6 feet on the sides and 4 feet on the back. What do you think?

jyzyvypu.jpg

6eda5y3e.jpg

Re: New pool build and deck Apex,NC

Very nice! That's a big deck! Good luck with your build and please do post pics along the way.

So my build started 7/8. My back yard slopes quite a bit. I knew this in advance.
The installer, not rising sun, but a person contracted by them showed up with a crew ready to go. I showed them where to start and they got to work.

7ytydara.jpg

yqe9ema7.jpg

The contractor was taking dirt he was digging and placing it on the low side of where the pool was to go. He got it how he wanted it and I went out to inspect it. It was soft and there was no way I was going to pay to have my pool placed on it. I inquired about him digging down and placing the pool on hard ground. He measured and determined it would be $600. I told him to get to it and he did. He returned with his crew this afternoon to do the install.

avevynu3.jpg

I'm currently doing the electrical with some help from knowledgeable friends. Yesterday I trenched for the sub panel and today I ran the wire and conduit.

ysazezu7.jpg

anamehe2.jpg

You can see how much slope there is to my yard.

Now comes completing the wiring and doing all the bonding(clueless but learning slowly from the net and TFP) and running a French drain and doing some refining to the dirt around the pool.

Then the 50'x42'+ deck will get rolling.

Mercy Lord help me.

So glad you had the installers remove that dirt and get to solid virgin soil. He should have known better than to pull an under handed stunt like that. Good for you for catching it because it could have been disasterous. Ghesh... Keep posting pics!

P.S. Your yard didn't look that bad but with the pool in... wow!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
New pool build and deck Apex,NC

Got to doing all my wiring yesterday and got to looking at my pump. No where could I find that it was 2 speed. Emailed a pic to the pool company. The installer will be out to install my 2 speed pump on Monday...
Apparently wrong one was installed

So I ran a 60 amp breaker in my home 200 amp service with 4 #6 wires and a #10 ground to a 100 amp subpages at the pool on a 65' run from the house.

I ran 2 gfci 20 amp breakers in the box.

I have I have one dedicated circuit for my SWG controller which my motor plugs in to. The I have the a double box run in the other with one being courtesy and the other running my pool light.

aju8ezeb.jpg

ge4etu6u.jpg

ytynu2an.jpg

3abytama.jpg

Yes.

I did the in skimmer water bonding.

My pastor from church was an electrician for 20 years. He can today and informed me of a few things I need to do so I can pass my inspection. Lucky for me, he's going to come over Tuesday and help me.

So yesterday we had 4 inches of rain and needless to say I had some sludgy mud around my pool. Spent 6 hours today in the trench shoveling and sloping my sides getting ready to run the French drain tomorrow.

e8unu5y9.jpg

Spent another 7 hours in the trench with the help of a buddy. Had another friend bring me a load of gravel and wahla, French drain.
uzuduza2.jpg

enamyvus.jpg

arudevyb.jpg

Sad thing is as I was happily finishing my French drain, all I could think about was that I'll have to move the rock to set the posts around the pool.

New pool build and deck Apex,NC

Today I lucked upon an awesome deal. There was an apartment complex in Raleigh that had changed their pool furniture. They were selling sitting chairs for $5 and lounge chairs for $10. Best $110 I've spent lately got me 8 lounge chairs and 6 sitting chairs. They are in awesome shape and don't even looked used.

te4aje2u.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.