New pool build and deck Apex NC

ebe5uhu2.jpg

uheby6uz.jpg

qy7eheza.jpg

Got 16 floor joists and 20 band bolts installed today. Also got one if my outside bands doubled up. Used 2-2x8x24' premium grade #1 boards with no knots. Long, cumbersome, and $$$$$. Look good though.

Had to add 1.5" of water to my pool. Also put in a bag of salt.

e8egusyt.jpg

7usejyhu.jpg

sa3ubuqu.jpg

u9apagep.jpg

awesome thread. This looks just like what I will be doing next spring. Right now I am just trying to figure out my electrical needs. I know I will be using a 2 speed pump, vacuum, and lighting. I need to figure out if I should use a 115V pump or a 240v pump. That decision will change a few things for the wiring.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Today my pool claimed it's first casualty, me. I hopped up on the joists to grab a level and when I was hopping down I caught my shin on a hip joist hanger I was using to support a girder and it basically impaled my shin. Off to the urgent care. 3-4 stitches later I was back at it and put in 9 joists on the short side of the pool before darkness ended my evening.

I'll spare you the pics and I'll take pics of the progress tomorrow as I put I a full day with a few helping hands.

I was able to get 20 more bolts in the deck this AM.

Ouch! I fell on a joist when we were building our deck. Had a very large hematoma that had to be surgically removed and left open to heal from the inside out. Was pretty nasty. Ever since, I have a lot of respect for those joists!

Well yesterday I had two friends helping me. We got all the rest of the bands doubled and got the final section boxed in 10x16'6.

Put 74 5/8" 8" and 10" bolts in

I did manage to give myself another minor injury. I had a pencil in my mouth(stupid oral fixation). My hand slipped off a board I was pulling off the trailer slapping the pencil and jamming it in the roof of my mouth. Gave me a minor gouge but hurt. Hopefully I'll live through the completion of this deck.

I've got 30 2/8/16's and 12 2/8/10's waiting to be put in as joists. I've just got to find the time. Hopefully they'll all be in Mon-Tues.

Here's by wound and the culprit.

ejypyjyp.jpg

y8usy3a3.jpg

Got 12 joists cut and 4 put in for the upper level tonight after work.

Ordered a quik drive pro300s makita 2500rpm strip screw gun today and 5000 screws. I think that will be enough, hopefully.

gytenyqu.jpg

This is the 10x16'6 mid tier that will tie my pool deck and existing deck together. Apparently my phone fogged up.

apaqa7yh.jpg

Sad to be putting in joists by iPhone and porch light when I have work lights. Guess I was just to lazy or tired to drag them out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.