New pool build and deck Apex NC

Just checking back in after a while. Great progress!

Question...with laying the boards working in one direction only (front edge of deck, around pool, to back edge), you DID layout a board spacing grid on the joists so that when the deck boards join back up (at the back edge of pool), they will line up.....right? That would be about the only way to be sure everything lines up right when they meet again.

Keep up the great work!

Just checking back in after a while. Great progress!

Question...with laying the boards working in one direction only (front edge of deck, around pool, to back edge), you DID layout a board spacing grid on the joists so that when the deck boards join back up (at the back edge of pool), they will line up.....right? That would be about the only way to be sure everything lines up right when they meet again.

Keep up the great work!

I was thinking that as well. I would have a laser set up now, going down each edge of the boards on the skimmer side, and start adjusting the far side as I put them in. Its not to late the make up a small difference.

I ended up doing something similar on my deck. I was planning on reusing a section of the existing decking when I was extending the deck. Once the new section was done, I decided the old section looked horrible and ripped the deck boards off to replace them. I had to fit the new boards into the existing space, and I did not want to have ripped down boards on either end, so I had to play with the spacing for a while.

-dave

-dave

For those who were concerned how my boards would align, no need to worry. It was only off this much.
a6ezeduv.jpg

So major milestone of no more cutting around the pool.
3ydynava.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.