Does the pool math calculator work with cell phones?

I bought the pool calculator app for my iPhone because my wifi doesn't quite reach my pool, plus it is not user friendly for seeing the fields and inputting data in the browser. The app works, but was pricey (for an app), and it forces you to set up your pool specs EVERY time you open it. My guess is the developers haven't updated that because they don't actually maintain a pool with it. I usually just go in the house and dust off the laptop instead, much faster.

Sent from my iPhone

You can save the poolmath.html file on your phone and open it with a browser. You can view it offline. I used pool pal for android but you dont have the effects of adding chemicals there.
I either don't understand what you mean by you can't see the effects of adding your chemicals or they have upgraded the app. You set up your target levels, input your readings, and it tells you how much of what chemical to put in to change your levels to your target. The effect of your chemicals should be your target.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mac.dblues,
I believe easttn is talking about the section at the bottom of the pool calc page that shows what happens when you add X amount of a chemical to your size pool. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

That's probably it. I don't go that far down usually so I forgot about it. And rarely use that calculator since installing the Pool Pal app. Maybe the developer will read this thread and consider adding that feature to their app.

I either don't understand what you mean by you can't see the effects of adding your chemicals or they have upgraded the app. You set up your target levels, input your readings, and it tells you how much of what chemical to put in to change your levels to your target. The effect of your chemicals should be your target.

The effects of adding chemicals are not in the pool pal app but it is still a good app. They are in the pool calculator if you just save the page/html file and open it with a browser. The pool pal app allows you to log what your results are and will allow you to log multiple pools if that is your game.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.