Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does the pool math calculator work with cell phones?

1. Back To Top    #1

Does the pool math calculator work with cell phones?

Does the pool math calculator work with cell phones? I plugged my #'s in and when i click calculate it turns blue for a sec, but nothing happens.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Does the pool math calculator work with cell phones?

It works fine on my Galaxy S4 using the Chrome browser.
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

3. Back To Top    #3

Works on my Galaxy S5, but I also found this and it seems to work also. It's for Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...plb.pool&hl=en

16 x 32 18,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, Compupool SWG, 1.0HP Pentair pump, sand filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by daddycreswell View Post
    Works on my Galaxy S5, but I also found this and it seems to work also. It's for Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...plb.pool&hl=en

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.
    This is the one I use.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks! Ill give it a try

6. Back To Top    #6

Works on iPhone 5 with Chrome browser.

7. Back To Top    #7

I bought the pool calculator app for my iPhone because my wifi doesn't quite reach my pool, plus it is not user friendly for seeing the fields and inputting data in the browser. The app works, but was pricey (for an app), and it forces you to set up your pool specs EVERY time you open it. My guess is the developers haven't updated that because they don't actually maintain a pool with it. I usually just go in the house and dust off the laptop instead, much faster.

Jess :) from southeastern Indiana, USA
    27' x 54" ~17,600gal AG round
    Waterway Ecco 22", 250# oval sand filter 2.6 SF, 55 GPM
    1.5 hp 1-speed pump
    pool DOB July 2012

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by daddycreswell View Post

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.
    +3 This app is great. I use it every time I test. When you set your target results a little chart pops up with several different methods listed. TFP just happens to be one of those lines.
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

9. Back To Top    #9

You can save the poolmath.html file on your phone and open it with a browser. You can view it offline. I used pool pal for android but you dont have the effects of adding chemicals there.
    18,000 Gallon Aboveground. Sand Filter with 2HP 2 speed Pump.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by easttn View Post
    You can save the poolmath.html file on your phone and open it with a browser. You can view it offline. I used pool pal for android but you dont have the effects of adding chemicals there.
    I either don't understand what you mean by you can't see the effects of adding your chemicals or they have upgraded the app. You set up your target levels, input your readings, and it tells you how much of what chemical to put in to change your levels to your target. The effect of your chemicals should be your target.
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

11. Back To Top    #11

Mac.dblues,
    I believe easttn is talking about the section at the bottom of the pool calc page that shows what happens when you add X amount of a chemical to your size pool.

Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by y_not View Post
    Mac.dblues,
    I believe easttn is talking about the section at the bottom of the pool calc page that shows what happens when you add X amount of a chemical to your size pool.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    That's probably it. I don't go that far down usually so I forgot about it. And rarely use that calculator since installing the Pool Pal app. Maybe the developer will read this thread and consider adding that feature to their app.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by mac.dblues View Post
    I either don't understand what you mean by you can't see the effects of adding your chemicals or they have upgraded the app. You set up your target levels, input your readings, and it tells you how much of what chemical to put in to change your levels to your target. The effect of your chemicals should be your target.
    The effects of adding chemicals are not in the pool pal app but it is still a good app. They are in the pool calculator if you just save the page/html file and open it with a browser. The pool pal app allows you to log what your results are and will allow you to log multiple pools if that is your game.
    18,000 Gallon Aboveground. Sand Filter with 2HP 2 speed Pump.