Chemicals and evaporation???

If I am losing a quarter to a half inch daily here in central fl. And having to fill every week, how in the world do I keep my levels right?.

Think of it this way. Evaporation concentrates the chemicals that are present, when you refill as long as your fill water is fairly neutral you have no loss situation. Also, depending on the size of your pool your are only losing a very small percentage of water each day.

It is normal for FC and TA and PH to fluctuate, happens to all of us. But evaporation probably contributes very little to that fluctuation.

You almost certainly have a leak. 1/4" is about the most anyone should lose in a day to evaporation, and that is when the humidity is zero. Also, a leak will change your levels, but evaporation won't.

I have read about a member who uses rainwater runoff from the roof to help fill his pool. I am also in Central Florida and haven't had to add water in some time. Even with a good backwash every couple months, I am at a pretty high level. You must have more direct sun, or perhaps a leak.

We'll I notice now in the summer there is a lot more evaporation than a few months ago and over the winter. Pool leak guy has been out twice and can not find a leak. Bucket test showed a eighth to a quarter inch more loss in pool. But pool leak guy says that's normal. Poo faces due west with screen enclosure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.