Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Utility Line (Electric and Gas) in the way of Pool dig area

1. Back To Top    #1

Utility Line (Electric and Gas) in the way of Pool dig area

Just find out both electric and gas utility lines are located at the area of the pool to be. PB refer the electrician and the quote the fees to move the line for $3,300 (about 230 ft). Does it sound reasonable? I try to find couple more contractors for the quote. Anyone has experience with a good electrician in my area, South Houston, Clear Lake area? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Utility Line (Electric and Gas) in the way of Pool dig area

You will be best served by calling around and using Google to search for more quotes in your area. We don't give recommendations on electricians, plumbers, gas lines and such here at TFP.

Welcome to TFP. Please do post pics once you get it situated and start your dig.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, I will start post the pics when I get through the issues. Our plan also get rejected by the HOA.

4. Back To Top    #4

We had the same problem. Do you have underground utilities? If so, does that price include trenching the new lines? If so, I think it is a good price.
    Swimming!: 19x32 IG rectangular pool, 22,500 gallons; 3' - 6.5'; open spa w/ 6 jets; raised wall w/ 1 sheer descent and 2 minijets, 2 color-changing LED pool lights, 1 spa light; Jandy 2 1/2 HP 2 speed Pump, Jandy cartridge filter (320 SQFT), Diamondbrite Cool Blue

5. Back To Top    #5

I am not sure, what do I really need to know for the entire job? The first contract proposal to run around the pool to the panel which is longer distance, the second contract said I can run it between the pool and the house which is shorter distance (he is still working on the estimate).

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Welcome to the forum

I'd ask whoever you are getting estimates from if the est. covers the job all the way to working utilities and the trench filled in and the sod. For each thing they might not cover you know you need to find someone else and get an additional estimate.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!