Bringing my pumps inside for the winter?

rpeiffer

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2011
Just replaced two Pumps after about 10 years. My neighbor has a cable/cord that he wired his pump to that has an outdoor disconnect on it.

I've tried to locate one of these but can't. Anyone know where to find them?

Google either "Hubbell" connectors or "Twist-Lock" connectors.

I believe that is the sort of thing you are looking for.

-dave

Phonedave is correct. You should be able to find the parts at an electrical supply house or one of the big box stores. I've been using this method for the last 25 years and I'm still on the original SuperPump motor. I pull the motor/pump off of the mounts, unplug the power cord from the twist lock recepticle box and take it into the basement for the winter. My motor is running on a 220 volt circuit. The wiring comes out from the GFI breaker to the Intermatic timer and then outside into a dead front fuse box mounted on the wall behind the filter system (this is a code requirement here). From the dead front, the circuit goes to the twist lock box that has a weather proof cover on it. All of the external wiring is in weather proof conduit. If you are electrically challenged, you might want to consult a licensed electrician.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.