Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bringing my pumps inside for the winter?

1. Back To Top    #1

Bringing my pumps inside for the winter?

Just replaced two Pumps after about 10 years. My neighbor has a cable/cord that he wired his pump to that has an outdoor disconnect on it.

I've tried to locate one of these but can't. Anyone know where to find them?
    23,000 Gallon gunite Pool w/ integrated spa, 2hp whisperflo, compool to easytouch upgrade, IC40, Inpool bench with 2hp whisperflo and blower, Pentair DE filter, polaris 380 cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Montville NJ

Re: Bringing my pumps inside for the winter?

Google either "Hubbell" connectors or "Twist-Lock" connectors.

I believe that is the sort of thing you are looking for.

27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo

3. Back To Top    #3

Toledo, OH

Re: Bringing my pumps inside for the winter?

Phonedave is correct. You should be able to find the parts at an electrical supply house or one of the big box stores. I've been using this method for the last 25 years and I'm still on the original SuperPump motor. I pull the motor/pump off of the mounts, unplug the power cord from the twist lock recepticle box and take it into the basement for the winter. My motor is running on a 220 volt circuit. The wiring comes out from the GFI breaker to the Intermatic timer and then outside into a dead front fuse box mounted on the wall behind the filter system (this is a code requirement here). From the dead front, the circuit goes to the twist lock box that has a weather proof cover on it. All of the external wiring is in weather proof conduit. If you are electrically challenged, you might want to consult a licensed electrician.