New pool help

Went to a local pool dealer for testing, Newbie here and was given a 4 pound bucket of calcium and told calcium is low to add that and 2 packs of shock.... As soon as I added the water looked like milk and stayed that way for a week. After finding this forum and reading I think I got the shaft.... The shock is cal hypo based as well.... Fast forward got Taylor test kit from the man in brown and dove into testing. Results are as follows.

cYA 42
Ph 7.2
FC 10
CC 0
Alk 90
CH 900

I think my calcium is way out of high, I did drop down water to skimmer level and refilled with tap water yesterday. My question is should I just go ahead and do a major water change or is there other options that I can try to keep from fighting this for rest of the year?

Thanks for the help

Yes I feel the same way. When I complained she told me that was the 2nd pool that day that turned cloudy after adding calcium.....but scary part is they told me I needed calcium when I opened the pool so that is what I was afraid of.......thanks for the help I'll start it tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.