Existing GFCI circuit, safe to remove GFCI on Intex cord?

Mar 14, 2013
Oklahoma
I have an existing GFCI outlet outside the house for power to my Intex pump, SWCG, and lighting. Recently, the pump has been shutting off randomly and when resetting the corded GFCI the reset switch isn't catching. The pump will turn on, but if a fly were to land on the reset switch, it'll shut off again.

My question is, since I have an existing GFCI circuit over to the pool, do I need to keep a GFCI on the cord to the pump? Any electricians here?

Part of your random shut-offs is the two GFCIs in the circuit. Yes, you can remove the GFCI from the pump cord, provided you replace it with a weather resistant end. Make sure the green wire goes to the green screw, the white wire to the silver screw, and the black wire to the brass screw. Before closing up the cord end, triple check that you don't have any stray strands of wire loose from the screws.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.