For anyone doubting Stain Removal Techniques...(Pics)

TreeFiter

LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Jul 2, 2012
Saugerties, NY
I just did an Iron stain removal on a pool, and I'm blown away by the results. I used a product called Stain Free, which is Citric Acid. They make a more potent version of the product which uses Ascorbic Acid, but I went with what was readily available to me. The pool started off with really bad iron stains all over the entire liner. The shallow end was by far the worst, so that is where I took pictures. Here are the before and after photos. (The before picture was actually taken about 1 minute after adding the Stain Free. The lighter area on the left was already starting to improve when I took the picture.)

Before:
20140714_121106.jpg

After:
20140717_145159.jpg

This was over a span of three days. There was a bit of a stumble at first. I made the first attempt when the FC was still around 5. It made a noticeable difference. I'd say it removed maybe 10% of the staining. The next day I did a second treatment when the FC dropped to zero, which removed about 75% within a half hour, most of it within the first 5 minutes. The "After" picture was roughly 24 hours after the second treatment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.