New AG Pool Installed - Sand Wet in one section against pool wall

Jun 26, 2007
Last Saturday we had a new 24' Round Above Ground Pool Professionally installed. Sunday morning I noticed at just one section the sand/dirt was wet right against the pool wall. I immediately sent an email to the pool installer who said that this is normal because of the cold water and the warm ground;the liner was sweating. During the last 3 days we had lots of Rain here in NJ so it has been impossible to see if that area is still wet. It has also been hard to check the water level because of all the heavy rain; but I didn't notice a water level drop; just a gain because of the rain.

Is this normal for a new pool/liner to sweat? I am just a bit concerned and won't really know for a couple of days since the sun is finally out today. I am hoping that the liner is good; otherwise I'm going to have a huge water bill.

I would get in the pool and see if you can see or feel any divots and if you can, get a pair of goggles and go down and inspect it for holes. Check the seams in that area too. If you can not see any thing that suggest a leak, look elsewhere as water will seek the lowest spot. It takes time to do this so be in a hurry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.