Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New AG Pool Installed - Sand Wet in one section against pool wall

1. Back To Top    #1

New AG Pool Installed - Sand Wet in one section against pool wall

Last Saturday we had a new 24' Round Above Ground Pool Professionally installed. Sunday morning I noticed at just one section the sand/dirt was wet right against the pool wall. I immediately sent an email to the pool installer who said that this is normal because of the cold water and the warm ground;the liner was sweating. During the last 3 days we had lots of Rain here in NJ so it has been impossible to see if that area is still wet. It has also been hard to check the water level because of all the heavy rain; but I didn't notice a water level drop; just a gain because of the rain.

Is this normal for a new pool/liner to sweat? I am just a bit concerned and won't really know for a couple of days since the sun is finally out today. I am hoping that the liner is good; otherwise I'm going to have a huge water bill.
    It doesn't matter how old you are - just how you got old.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New AG Pool Installed - Sand Wet in one section against pool wall

I would get in the pool and see if you can see or feel any divots and if you can, get a pair of goggles and go down and inspect it for holes. Check the seams in that area too. If you can not see any thing that suggest a leak, look elsewhere as water will seek the lowest spot. It takes time to do this so be in a hurry.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

I have to wait for the water to warm up before I could go in.
    It doesn't matter how old you are - just how you got old.

4. Back To Top    #4

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!