Motor change

Jul 17, 2014
Goodyear,Az
New to the forum and loving all the great info here.
I would like to change the motor on my Hayward super II to a more efficient one. From what I have read it looks like the 2 speed is the way to go with my caretaker system. My questions are, is there a motor that directly mounts to my pump and one that has a the two speed function built in without having to add an aftermarket toggle/switch. As you can see by my signature I live in Arizona and with the A/C running and the one speed pump my electric bill is through the roof.
Thank you in advance.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Can you add more details from the motor plate? specifically what is the listed HP and the Service Factor (SF).
There are certainly bolt on 2-speed motors, but I am not sure any include a switch. Easy to wire in a house 3-way light switch for that purpose or you can buy switches that go on the back of the motors.

Here is a picture of the motor I will be replacing.
I also have been looking at the 2ez motor that has a built in switch and controller. I have seen other threads on here and people seem to like it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 24
OK, so you want to find a 2-speed motor that has a HP * SF = 2.5

Here is one model number you can look for: SP3015X202AZ or EB2979T (has timer and switch) or just B2979 (without timer/switch) or another round 56J frame.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.