Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can i let kids swim in pool at shock level

1. Back To Top    #1

Can i let kids swim in pool at shock level

Hello

Total Newbie on the forum, i have seen this addressed in the forum but just wanted to check one more time to make sure its ok. Went on vacation and person taking care of pool let the FC go to zero. CC was .5 but pool was cloudy. My cya is 70 so i have slammed at 28ppm liquid chlorine for last three days. i have backwashed and replaced DE to get rid of dead algae. passed the overnight test. Water is crystal clear but my FC is 26. Can kids swim? Thanks for your help.

TA is 130
    cc 0
    FC 26
    ph7.2

20,000 gallon pool
    16" x 32"
    DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can i let kids swim in pool at shock level

Yes, it is safe to swim at shock level. You are already clear, 0 CC, and passed the OCLT so you are done slamming and letting it drift down...it's already below shock level so safe and getting better all the time. Well done on whipping your pool back into shape so get in there and enjoy!
    40x20 IG gunite (~36K gallon). 6' attached spa with spillover. AquaLink RS OneTouch + SpaLink + iAquaLink 2.0
    450 sqft Sta-Rite cartridge filter, Sta-Rite single speed pumps (main, spa jets, booster)
    Coverstar Auto Cover, Polaris 280 cleaner, Taylor K-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

thank you

4. Back To Top    #4

EddieV: Thanks for sharing your brief story. I'm starting day 3 of a high CYA slam myself (shock level=39!) and you are giving me hope that I'll possibly pass that test tomorrow morning. (Night 1 lost 12ppm, Night 2 lost 7.5, Night 3 lost 5) The pool is shiny and clear like glass...can't wait to be done!
    17.5 K gallons (16x32) vinyl inground pool with 1 hp pump and an old Triton sand filter. >20 years old. New 2015 Rheem gas heater. TF-100 Test kit. Little red robot and a Pool Blaster Max.