How to Remove Metal Balls from Nature 2 Fusion

kcindc

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 2, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I was asked before how I removed the metal from my Nature 2 Fusion mineral cartridge and I found an old one thought I would take some photos so that it might help others in a similar situation.

The Nature 2 Fusion mineral pack adds copper and silver to your pool. Copper can stain your pool and turn hair green in large quantities. Also, if you switch to the TFP way, you won't need this mineral pack. Leaving the mineral pack in for long periods of time will cause rust to form and it will cause stains.

Taking the metals out of the mineral pack took me about 15 minutes which included unscrewing it, getting tools from my garage, taking photos and putting part of the of the empty cartridge back into the Nature 2 Fusion.

First, remove the mineral pack from the unit.

Second, break the grey ring at the bottom of the mineral pack. This will make it easier to break apart the darker blue covering that holds the bag of minerals.

Third, break apart the dark blue cover so that you can remove the bag of mineral balls. It is okay if you break part of the dark blue cover, just make sure that you don't break the grey top and the part of the blue cover that attached to the grey cover.

Fourth, once apart, clean the part that is going back into the unit, as shown as the blue and grey piece at the top of the first photo. You don't want to introduce copper and metals back into the water

I hope this tutorial helps someone else.

test 1.jpg

Metal balls.jpg

So when you buy a new "mineral pack" it includes the entire plastic container with the sack inside?
Seems like a way to charge more money when they could just as easily made the plastic part serviceable and just sold the bag of metal.

Thanks! I just popped mine open. No sack, but similar balls.

W4Digqi.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.