Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to Remove Metal Balls from Nature 2 Fusion

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

How to Remove Metal Balls from Nature 2 Fusion

I was asked before how I removed the metal from my Nature 2 Fusion mineral cartridge and I found an old one thought I would take some photos so that it might help others in a similar situation.

The Nature 2 Fusion mineral pack adds copper and silver to your pool. Copper can stain your pool and turn hair green in large quantities. Also, if you switch to the TFP way, you won't need this mineral pack. Leaving the mineral pack in for long periods of time will cause rust to form and it will cause stains.

Taking the metals out of the mineral pack took me about 15 minutes which included unscrewing it, getting tools from my garage, taking photos and putting part of the of the empty cartridge back into the Nature 2 Fusion.

First, remove the mineral pack from the unit.

Second, break the grey ring at the bottom of the mineral pack. This will make it easier to break apart the darker blue covering that holds the bag of minerals.

Third, break apart the dark blue cover so that you can remove the bag of mineral balls. It is okay if you break part of the dark blue cover, just make sure that you don't break the grey top and the part of the blue cover that attached to the grey cover.

Fourth, once apart, clean the part that is going back into the unit, as shown as the blue and grey piece at the top of the first photo. You don't want to introduce copper and metals back into the water

I hope this tutorial helps someone else.

test 1.jpg

Metal balls.jpg
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to Remove Metal Balls from Nature 2 Fusion

Thanks for the post. I don;t have one but have always tried to visualize what others are talking about.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

So when you buy a new "mineral pack" it includes the entire plastic container with the sack inside?
    Seems like a way to charge more money when they could just as easily made the plastic part serviceable and just sold the bag of metal.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    So when you buy a new "mineral pack" it includes the entire plastic container with the sack inside?
    Yep, you buy the whole cartridge that is picture. I'm sure they don't want folks to see the rusted stains on the bag hence less people would buy their product.
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks! I just popped mine open. No sack, but similar balls.

Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump