New AG Pool Installed - Ground Wet in One Section

Jun 26, 2007
Last Saturday we had a new 24' Round Above Ground Pool Professionally installed. Sunday morning I noticed at just one section the sand/dirt was wet right against the pool wall. I immediately sent an email to the pool installer who said that this is normal because of the cold water and the warm ground;the liner was sweating. During the last 3 days we had lots of Rain here in NJ so it has been impossible to see if that area is still wet. It has also been hard to check the water level because of all the heavy rain; but I didn't notice a water level drop; just a gain because of the rain.

Is this normal for a new pool/liner to sweat:confused:? I am just a bit concerned and won't really know for a couple of days since the sun is finally out today.

I got a small hole in my liner a while back and it was a noticeable change in water level from it. I feel that if you have a leak you will see the water level drop. I had one of those underwater patch kits which worked fine.

I'm hoping its not a leak. The pool installer told me that he has saw this before where the liner is just sweating from the cold water to the warm ground. I'm hoping this is true; otherwise I am going to have a huge water bill. It doesn't seem logical to me; but wont know a real answer until the rest of the ground dries out from all the rain we had.

My Intex did that, as our water comes out of the tap super cold. (55•) twice I was convinced we had a leak when filling and panicked, only to realize it was sweating. Probably enhanced by the tarp between the liner and sand. It did, however, show up in more than one area and dried relatively quickly. A traditional AGP may behave differently. Hopefully, for your sake, it is just sweating, the rain stops, and everything dries up nicely!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.