Need help with CYA

Shaf77

Jun 10, 2010
Toronto, ON. Canada
About 2 weeks ago, our CYA was at 30. I added 1.8Kg of stabilizer (from Walmart) and according to the calculator it should have brought it up by 27.

Tested today and CYA is at 40. I had a similar problem last year where I would add stabilizer as per the calc but it never got to what I would think it would. No backwash done.

Why would this be?

Aside from losing stab when a pool is drained, how else would one lose it?

About 2 weeks ago, our CYA was at 30. I added 1.8Kg of stabilizer (from Walmart) and according to the calculator it should have brought it up by 27.

Tested today and CYA is at 40. I had a similar problem last year where I would add stabilizer as per the calc but it never got to what I would think it would. No backwash done.

Why would this be?

Aside from losing stab when a pool is drained, how else would one lose it?

I have added chlorine and that usually measures out fine...

Here is the sizing and volume from the manufacturer...

17,300 US Gallons
14,500 Imp Gallons
65,500 Litres

Pool%20Size.jpg

Because the CYA test is the most subjective and has the largest margin of error of all the tests it us quite pissible this was just a testing error. If your CYA was a bit lower than measured when you started and a bit higher than it measures now that would explain it.

The current CYA test is the most accurate available at a consumer level, even if very imperfect. Since the FAS-DPD is far more accurate, and your chlorine does what you calculate it should, then your pool size is likely correct. So treat your CYA as it reads and add more if you want it higher.

From myHTC One via Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.