Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hard plumbing my agp

1. Back To Top    #1

nottingham , UK

Hard plumbing my agp

Hi there. I have a 12' metal wall with a vinyl liner and I want to change from the standard flexi pipes to hard pvc pipe. I have just bought a sand filter and a 0.5hp pump and also looking at getting one of the intex swg (any good with hard plumbing?)

I can just unscrew the hosetail off my skimmer and return and replace with some sort of proper adapter but just concerned about the swg.

I would also like to add some sort of vacuum point into the plumbing somewhere, can this just be done by putting a t piece before the pump with a shut off valve that I just open to hoover?

Anything else I need to consider?

12' X 40" AG Pool - metal wall with liner
    Standard intex style pump/Filter
    2x 3kw heaters
    Surrounding decking area with hot tub and sauna inside a gazebo

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Hard plumbing my agp

Why are you hard plumbing? Unless you have very long runs, it probably isn't worth the effort. But if you do, then the Intex pump is probably not up to the task.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner