Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Liner Tear

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Liner Tear

Our vinyl liner pool was finished a couple weeks ago. After swimming around I noticed these white strips in the corners that seem to be holding the liner corners in place near the coping. Right around those are little tears (about 1/2 inch) in the liner. It looks like they used a hammer to pound the white strips in and hit the liner a few times. I don't want to make an issue out of something that isn't one but won't those rips only get bigger and cause a liner replacement earlier than normal? The rips are well above the water line as they are right by the coping so I don't think we will have a leak.

On what I am hoping is an unrelated note, there seems to be water or air behind the liner on one of the walls (not near the liner corner tears). It's not a lot but if you move your hand up the wall you can see/feel that something is back there? Thoughts on what this is and how best to proceed?
    20x46 Rectangle IG Vinyl, Completion date mid-June 2014
    Depth 3'-3.5'-8', ~35,000 gallons, Hayward 310 Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 hp single speed pump, ProLogic PS4 Automation w/ SWG
    Textured liner over corner stairs w/ 20' bench, 2 LED Lights, 2 Pentair Laminar Jets, Hayward Sharkvac and TF-100 Testkit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Liner Tear

If your brand new liner has holes in it from being installed, You Need To Be Rocking Someone's Boat!!!!

That is unacceptable.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

How about some pics? I would cry foul!!!! Don't be shy, you paid for a professional installation.

4. Back To Top    #4

Here's a small picture. I will see what the builder says.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20x46 Rectangle IG Vinyl, Completion date mid-June 2014
    Depth 3'-3.5'-8', ~35,000 gallons, Hayward 310 Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 hp single speed pump, ProLogic PS4 Automation w/ SWG
    Textured liner over corner stairs w/ 20' bench, 2 LED Lights, 2 Pentair Laminar Jets, Hayward Sharkvac and TF-100 Testkit

5. Back To Top    #5

That's messed up