how does iaqualink seasonal adjust work? How about Smart JVA's?

salinda

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
Los Gatos, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I just got an Aqualink RS upgrade with iAqualink to go with the new pump that needed to be installed this week (Intelliflow). I'm playing with it and probably will be for a bit. Still have to dial in RPM's for my equipment.

I'm curious about Seasonal Adjust. Also Smart JVA's. I can see settings for them in the system setup menus but there is minimal documentation for seasonal adjust and NONE for smart JVA's. Does anyone know how those work? Can I use smart JVA settings in lieu of cam adjustments if I install a JVA for my cleaner valve (it's manual right now)?

Thx!

They have a patent on smart JVAs. It does indeed allow the automation system to command valve actuators to stop at intermediate positions. They seem to do it based on timing. The whole idea is new, so no idea how well it works.

Seasonal adjustment has been around for a while, just not on the Aqualink. TightWatt timers have been doing this for years. The idea is based on what I believe is a false premise that the amount of pump run time you need varies depending on the water temperature. Current thinking is that everyone has simply been running their pumps too much, and the shorter run times will work year round.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.