Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how does iaqualink seasonal adjust work? How about Smart JVA's?

1. Back To Top    #1

Los Gatos, CA

how does iaqualink seasonal adjust work? How about Smart JVA's?

I just got an Aqualink RS upgrade with iAqualink to go with the new pump that needed to be installed this week (Intelliflow). I'm playing with it and probably will be for a bit. Still have to dial in RPM's for my equipment.

I'm curious about Seasonal Adjust. Also Smart JVA's. I can see settings for them in the system setup menus but there is minimal documentation for seasonal adjust and NONE for smart JVA's. Does anyone know how those work? Can I use smart JVA settings in lieu of cam adjustments if I install a JVA for my cleaner valve (it's manual right now)?

owner of ~37,000 gallon plaster IG pool/spa combo. Intelliflo VS+ filter pump, 2 hp whisperflo spa jet pump, Jandy Aqualink RS-6 with iAqualink upgrade, The Pool Cleaner 4x suction cleaner, Clean & Clear Plus 520 cartridge filter, Zodiac Clearwater LM2-40 SWG, Sta-rite 400k heater, solar heat pads and coils, Solar-Breeze NX.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: how does iaqualink seasonal adjust work? How about Smart JVA's?

They have a patent on smart JVAs. It does indeed allow the automation system to command valve actuators to stop at intermediate positions. They seem to do it based on timing. The whole idea is new, so no idea how well it works.

Seasonal adjustment has been around for a while, just not on the Aqualink. TightWatt timers have been doing this for years. The idea is based on what I believe is a false premise that the amount of pump run time you need varies depending on the water temperature. Current thinking is that everyone has simply been running their pumps too much, and the shorter run times will work year round.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School