Rise in pressure after adding "T"

tim5055

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
Well, I finally got around to moving the injection point for my Stenner from the pump strainer basket to it's own point on the return line to the pool. Due to the way the plumping was originally set up I did not have sufficient "play" in the return line to just cut and add a "T". So, I added two unions with a "T" between them. After the glue dried and I was able to start the system back up I noticed that my system pressure had risen form my normal 10psi to 12psi. Just to be sure I backwashed and checked again, but it was still at 12psi.

Nothing else changed, so I can only attribute the increase in pressure to this addition. Does it seem reasonable?
Before:
stenner3.jpg

After:
stenner4.jpg

It seems reasonable to me based on my experience with replacing a gas heater. Old heater had in/out ports on the top, new heater on the bottom. The resulting change in plumbing caused and immediate 10psi in my normal pressure that has caused no apparent problems. So, I think that your 2psi rise seems reasonable.

It seems reasonable to me based on my experience with replacing a gas heater. Old heater had in/out ports on the top, new heater on the bottom. The resulting change in plumbing caused and immediate 10psi in my normal pressure that has caused no apparent problems. So, I think that your 2psi rise seems reasonable.
Thanks!! I just had no historical basis to figure it was normal or not. I figured it would go up form the disruption of the water flow thru what was previously a straight pipe, but wasn't sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.