winter cover

May 27, 2014
Lakewood, NJ
I know its a bit early for this but i want to do my research now I have a Grecian 36x18 pool with step vinyl in ground want to get a good winter cover but dont have endless funds for what i would love, the electric cover, any suggestions of what to go with would be welcome, I live in new jesey and pool is getting leaves in it now i imagine will be way worse over he winter.

I did a bunch of research. You want a solid safety cover, preferrebly with mesh drains. And electric cover is nice, but about $15,000 and can't handle a snow load. You'd need a safety cover anyway. I went with loop-loc, one of the name brands. it was $3300 installed. Super happy with it. Mother in law fell on it and no problems, kids wandered on it and no problems. Looks great after a year in the weather too.

I put a automatic wayne sump pump on the step of the pool to keep the water level down about a foot. Worked great.

Here's the cover:

How the water looked when I opened it this spring. Cleaned up quick!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.