Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: plugging the return directly in the skimmer?

1. Back To Top    #1

Up in the mountain, Laurentides, Quebec, CANADA

Question plugging the return directly in the skimmer?

I have a leak near my second return in the pipe that i want to fix with fix-a-leak. But i don't want the product everywhere. So i thought i would try to run a flexible pipe from my second return directly in my skimmer intake and I will put a plug in the first return. So the product qould circulate only in the pipes.

Do you think it could damage something? Maybe it would put too much pressure on the pipe? Fix a leak needs lower pressure to work it seems. Any idea?
    24.5k gallons, IG, vinyl, 24 inches sand filter hydropro 063030 sf, hayward pump 1,5 hp c48m2n111b4q

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: plugging the return directly in the skimmer?

If you have any other way of fixing the leak, try that first.

It is critical that you don't get any Fix-a-leak in the filter. But it is relatively harmless in the pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Bad idea. I wouldn't even attempt this. Fix the leak the right way by removing the bad section.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Up in the mountain, Laurentides, Quebec, CANADA

Ok thanks for your input.

I will try to use fix a leak like they say in the instructions. For sure I will make it flow in recirculate mode. My only fear is that it's a toxic product and don't want my baby to be affected by this when I bring him in the pool. So even if it looks like all the product is gone I will try to change most of my water after the leak is fixed. Anyway it's too cold to swim these days here and water is free for me.
    24.5k gallons, IG, vinyl, 24 inches sand filter hydropro 063030 sf, hayward pump 1,5 hp c48m2n111b4q