Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What's the best place to buy Jandy Salt Cells?

1. Back To Top    #1

Toronto, ON

What's the best place to buy Jandy Salt Cells?

I may have to replace the cell for my Jandy Aquapure 1400. What is the best place to buy a replacement cell? They are available online (Amazon) from about $450-$800. Or am I better off replacing the whole system with something else?
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: What's the best place to buy Jandy Salt Cells?

Lots of places carry them. $450 is a fairly good price.

Unless there is a known problem with the control box, it usually works out well to simply replace the cell.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tulsa, OK

How about $433?
    14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

Long Beach, CA

That is without the sensor, I would buy one with the sensor as you should be able to find one with a sensor for not too much more than that. From what I've seen it is about a $100 more for the sensor if you buy the cell and sensor together. Buying a sensor by itself runs about $200 and they fail often enough that I would buy the sensor and cell together.

Looking at how you are running the SWG in another thread with what looks like an old style sensor, I would stop using the old sensor and start using the new cell with a new sensor mounted in the cell like Jandy recommends. You can either plug the old sensor port or leave the old sensor in place and not plug it in to the board.
    Last edited by ping; 07-16-2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: added additional comments
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process