Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing lines help! flexible pvc fittings/ glue

1. Back To Top    #1

Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Replacing lines help! flexible pvc fittings/ glue

I have a sunken on ground pool that was installed last year. There are 2 jets just below ground level (soil around pool, not concrete). Over the winter I plugged the jets and filled with anti-freeze, but one plug wasn’t threaded properly. Pool guy confirmed with pressure test that there is a leak in the lines.

I used 710 white spa flex instead of tigerflex that was originally there. I’ve already dryfit the new lines and fittings. The threaded elbow that goes into the jet isn’t 100% tight, if I tighten anymore – the elbow with face opposite direction of where the line is. I was going to glue the flex pvc to the elbow, but worry that the elbow will leak at threads since it isn’t completely tight.

Should I add extra Teflon tape until it threads in tight, and glue to joints.
    OR should I use the metal c clamps instead of glue? (that way I can remove if there’s a problem).

Will any pvc glue work with spa flex pipe?

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Replacing lines help! flexible pvc fittings/ glue

I'd use pipe dope designed for plastic threads rather than tape on that size connection..
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat