Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool Math App for iPhone

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Math App for iPhone

Hello to all, this forum is a tremendous resource. I have spent some time looking around trying to find a place to download the Pool Math calculator to my iPhone5s. It would be a lot more convenient to be able to take my phone out to the pool and make calculations vs. coming into the house and having to log onto the site.
    It might not be available but i thought that I saw it at one point? Thanks in advance for any help.
    20k gal, IG vinyl, 1 HP Hayward pump, Hayward 200# sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Math App for iPhone

In a related question, how about a good app for Android too? If not, should I make one?
    Fayetteville, NY -17K gal, IG vinyl, Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo Variable Speed Pump, FlowVis Flow Meter, Sand filter
    Self designed Arduino powered automation for pump and solar control, Solar Attic Pool Heater, AutoPilot Digital SWG, TF100

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

iPhone users:

If you have cell or wifi service at your house keep reading. You can add the pool math website to your iphone homescreen. To do so, click the little center icon that looks like a box with an arrow coming out of the top of it. then tap the "add to homescreen" this basically adds it to your homescreen as an app. You click the icon on your homescreen and it opens a window in safari.

You can then use poolmath from the website on your phone...and it's saved for you so you don't have to fumble around for it.

I have not tried any of the standalone apps for this...as I don't trust them, and many are not free. I like free.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

4. Back To Top    #4

The Play Store for Android has Pool Pal. I haven't tried it, but here it is:

Bobby (my pool)
    18,000 gallon in ground/white plaster
    Flotec pump/Aquatech MYB100 single cartridge filter - runs 6 hours/day in evening during summer

5. Back To Top    #5

Cup of Coffee, wi-fi, lap top, nice patio table with umbrella, TFP and pool math fired up pool side
    20K gal, Fiberglass, 1.5 hp Century Pump, Sta-Rit System 3 Model PLM-100, 100 SQ Foot. Inline Frogger Chlorinater Mineral pack removed, adjusted the Chlorine pac to put in my own when on vacation. Liquid Pool Sanitizer,, BBB style.

6. Back To Top    #6

Pool pal looks really good. Just played with it for a couple minutes. Great easy to use interface.
    Fayetteville, NY -17K gal, IG vinyl, Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo Variable Speed Pump, FlowVis Flow Meter, Sand filter
    Self designed Arduino powered automation for pump and solar control, Solar Attic Pool Heater, AutoPilot Digital SWG, TF100

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkPad View Post
    The Play Store for Android has Pool Pal. I haven't tried it, but here it is:

Love this little app. I've been using it all season and keeping track of my test data.

Somebody should do an iPhone version.
    19.5k gal, 16x32 vinyl liner, sand filter, 1hp single speed pump, K-2006 test kit.

8. Back To Top    #8

I've never used it, but you guys have convinced me to install it now!
    Bobby (my pool)
    Flotec pump/Aquatech MYB100 single cartridge filter - runs 6 hours/day in evening during summer

9. Back To Top    #9

Going to try it also.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

10. Back To Top    #10

Yea, just uninstalled it. I thought it was a pool calculator (like Pool Math), but it is actually a log. I prefer hard copies of my logs.
    Bobby (my pool)

11. Back To Top    #11

Think Pad - I have only just played with it for a bit, but it does do the pool math calculations. Looks like the logging is really optional. Enter the value for something, and the target, and it will tell you what to add to reach the target (through a fast, clean, simple phone interface), which is what I need.

In the setup, you can set the % bleach you use, etc.

12. Back To Top    #12

I went ahead and re-installed it to test. You're right, Peter! It does show what needs to be done to the pool. I will keep this app handy!
    Bobby (my pool)

13. Back To Top    #13

Thanks a ton Mr. Car Crazy, you are the man! Have a great summer and thanks to all.
    20k gal, IG vinyl, 1 HP Hayward pump, Hayward 200# sand filter

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by peterdaly View Post
    Think Pad - I have only just played with it for a bit, but it does do the pool math calculations. Looks like the logging is really optional. Enter the value for something, and the target, and it will tell you what to add to reach the target (through a fast, clean, simple phone interface), which is what I need.

In the setup, you can set the % bleach you use, etc.
    Is it doing Jason's calculations? If not, I'd be hesitant to use it.
    34K gal IG, 37'x40' lagoon, vinyl, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, 500# Hayward sand filter, Jandy SWG, Raypac heat pump, 4 deck jets, Hayward Super Pump + deck fountain, Dolphin Oasis Z5

15. Back To Top    #15

No, it's missing a couple of things like "effect of adding chemicals" (which is important) and "estimating pool volume".
    Bobby (my pool)

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkPad View Post
    Yea, just uninstalled it. I thought it was a pool calculator (like Pool Math), but it is actually a log. I prefer hard copies of my logs.
    There's an export function if you want to create a hard copy or spreadsheet.
    19.5k gal, 16x32 vinyl liner, sand filter, 1hp single speed pump, K-2006 test kit.

17. Back To Top    #17

Thank you Big Splash! I have found this function. I will consider using this once I run out of room on the log in the manual that came with my test strips.
    Bobby (my pool)

18. Back To Top    #18

Your welcome

It be great to have an ios (iPhone / ipad) version. That way I could use it with my old iPhone.

19. Back To Top    #19

I use Pool Pal all the time and love it. I believe it does use the same calculations, and when you go to set your goal levels it includes "TFP" suggested levels. It's probably not quite as advanced as the actual pool math, but it's a whole lot easier, faster and more convenient to use. You can choose which parameters you want to track, what type of chemicals you are using (e.g., 8.25% bleach, 10% bleach, 12.5% bleach etc.), and goal levels for each parameter. Every time you log your current level (e.g. FC 3.5) it will tell you exactly how much of your chosen chemical to add. It also tracks filter pressure and has a checkmark to note the day you last cleaned the filter. It's very handy and has kept my pool balanced and happy!
    20K gallon in-ground free form gunite pool with moss rock waterfall and GREEN plaster! Built circa 1984. Pentair 1hp Whisperflo pump, Clean & Clear Plus 420 cartridge filter (both new in 2011), Barracuda G3 pool cleaner and Interfab X-Stream slide.

20. Back To Top    #20

I use an app called Download Pro. I opened tfp in safari, and was able to open pool math in the download pro app. Now I can go to the download pro app and pull up the pool math file with all my numbers still in it.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast