Pool light question

Jun 8, 2014
Rogers, AR
I would like to update my pool light to one with the cool color show and all that. We close on the home in two weeks so I don't know anything about the light. What kind of LED light would you recommend? The kind you just screw the LED bulb in or do we need a whole new fixture? Is it something we would need the pool people come out and do? How about a controller would we need one of them?

Excuse the dirty pool. When the bank went to have the pool opened the liner needed replacement.
Thnx,

Chris

Easiest and cheapest to just replace the bulb if that is possible. The switch will control it. Should be easy to do especially with the pool empty, get a new gasket as well.

Hi Chrissy, I have a 120V retrofit LED bulb. you dont need a controller. The bulb has a chip in it that controls the thing. Just flip the light switch off and back on to change colors, or light shows.

One thing about them, they are not as bright as a regular bulb. The other thing is, the darker color blue your liner is, the less contrast there is between color changes. THe dramatic colors you see in the pics and on you tube is on white plaster.

For example on my pool, the difference between blue and green light is not dramatically noticeable on my medium dark blue liner. Same thing between green and yellow. Its not as dramatic as I had hoped for, but its definitly cool in any case just because of the light shows. A couple of big plusses, is the light uses hardly any energy. LED lights also do not attract as many bugs at night.

google J&J Color Splash LED or something similar. You want to get the 3G, 120V one. Will cost you 250 -300, depending on where you get it.
here is a link for General purposes. SHop around you will get better price than at Leslies.

http://www.lesliespool.com/jj-elect...led-replacement-light/colorsplash-3g-pool.htm

Hi Chrissy, I have a 120V retrofit LED bulb. you dont need a controller. The bulb has a chip in it that controls the thing. Just flip the light switch off and back on to change colors, or light shows.

One thing about them, they are not as bright as a regular bulb. The other thing is, the darker color blue your liner is, the less contrast there is between color changes. THe dramatic colors you see in the pics and on you tube is on white plaster.

For example on my pool, the difference between blue and green light is not dramatically noticeable on my medium dark blue liner. Same thing between green and yellow. Its not as dramatic as I had hoped for, but its definitly cool in any case just because of the light shows. A couple of big plusses, is the light uses hardly any energy. LED lights also do not attract as many bugs at night.

google J&J Color Splash LED or something similar. You want to get the 3G, 120V one. Will cost you 250 -300, depending on where you get it.
here is a link for General purposes. SHop around you will get better price than at Leslies.

http://www.lesliespool.com/jj-elect...led-replacement-light/colorsplash-3g-pool.htm

Thanks so much. I will start looking around. My new liner is deep blue but I just don't want boring white:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.