Spa insulation replacement

wrocko

May 31, 2014
North Haven, CT
I've finished repairing my spa after several ordeals (the previous owner had let water freeze in it). In the repair process, several panels of fiberglass insulation had to be ripped out because they were water damaged and lost their shape - becoming a big pile of insulation. Does anyone know where I could find some sort of replacement for this? The fiberglass insulation in use is blue-green and held within a clothlike outer-shell. I am open to some alternatives as well, I just want to ensure it has enough side insulation when the cold weather comes.

Thanks.

My spa seems to have a Closed cell spray foam around the piping and shell. You can buy a closed cell spray foam kit from Menards (in the Midwest) or on line. Will run you a few hundred $ for a small kit, but that is my plan for the fall. My tub that we just got running was a new to us freebie from some friends. Mid 2006 manufacture, but a little extra insulation will never hurt. Only concern for me is what if I need to make a repair in the future? More foam to have to cut thru I guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.