Robotic Cleaner that works in Infinity Edge Catch Basin?

Oct 26, 2013
My catch basin on my infinity edge pool has no method of filtration so debris builds up there. I am looking for a robotic pool cleaner to deal with the catch basin. The issue I have is that the basin is narrow (about 3 feet wide) and is in a semi circle that is about 50 feet in circumference. The walls on both sides of the catch basin are at 90 degrees to the floor of the catch basin so it is difficult for most robots to climb them and to maneuver in such a narrow channel. Anyone have any experience with one that may work in this type of situation?

Unfortunately if the debris sits there for more than a couple of hours it leaves stains on my new Pebbletec finish and I end up having to put chlorine granules on them, let them sit and scrub them. I'm looking for something automatic. I'm out there with my leaf rake and vacuum a lot, but because there is no filtration down there the debris is sitting still for too long. Any ideas on something robotic that may work?

OTIE,

Have done a lot of bot research and some testing; have not seen one that is made for the specifics of a basin, like those you can have in the larger pool that use a timer, patrol every x hours, and then stop.

(Wonder if any of the builder folks, here, ever install a sub-set of the automated, pop-up bottom-cleaning systems in the their basins? (Or if clients or maintainers have seen them.) That would appear to be the best solution, but your pool is already up and running.)

A couple of questions:
You gave the length and width, what is the normal depth of the catch basin - and does it ever go dry?
Are you looking to 'set and forget' or to set it up, let it run, and then pack it up?

Nikk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.