Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test Results - Now what?

1. Back To Top    #1

Test Results - Now what?

Its been a while since i posted on here, and i went through some fights with my pool where I was to lazy to maintain it. Not anymore.

Its been under control (fairly blue) since June 27th, and today its still clear blue. I am out of town, so my wife had the Local Pool Store run a water sample for me..

FC 6 ppm
    TC not Run
    PH 7.6
    Hardness 260ppm
    Alkalinty 155ppm
    CYA 40ppm

My pool is about 18000-20000 gallons (i need to remeasure and figure it out It might still be in my sig but i think its wrong)

What should i do know and what should i tell her to do to maintain the next week while I'm gone?
    20K gal Cartridge Filter IG Pool Plaster 1hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test Results - Now what?

Do you not have your own test kit? Do you actually trust the pool store results (unlike any of us here)?

There is nothing that needs to be done based on those numbers, but tomorrow might be a different story.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Tell her to maintain it the way you have been doing it so far, now is not the time to switch anything up.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah i only trust this one store after all these years. He told her she was fine unless she wanted to lower the Alkalinty.. add Muratic acid, but he said you didnt need to. I guess i should teach her how to us the TF-100 in the house next time
    20K gal Cartridge Filter IG Pool Plaster 1hp pump