Salt level in pool!

May 5, 2012
Oconee, Georgia
I have a pentair IC40 my pool was built in October so it isn't even a year old. I have the Easy Touch system decided I better clean the cell today. So I put the cap on it and poured the mixture in the cell didn't foam at all so I just washed it back out and put it back on. Pluged it up and turned to the pump on for about an hr to make sure it wasn't going to leak. My salt level was 3600 before I cleaned the cell now it says the level is 4300. Is this a probleam? I need to get a good test kit for salt what do you recommend?

Was there a sign of scaling? If not there would not have been any reason to clean it.

But, sense the salt reading went up, the cleaning obviously did something. As long as the SWG is not complaining about high salt, you are fine.

I prefer the Taylor drop-based salt test over the salt strips.

We are working on having uniform profiles for all members. Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.