Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salt level in pool!

1. Back To Top    #1

Salt level in pool!

I have a pentair IC40 my pool was built in October so it isn't even a year old. I have the Easy Touch system decided I better clean the cell today. So I put the cap on it and poured the mixture in the cell didn't foam at all so I just washed it back out and put it back on. Pluged it up and turned to the pump on for about an hr to make sure it wasn't going to leak. My salt level was 3600 before I cleaned the cell now it says the level is 4300. Is this a probleam? I need to get a good test kit for salt what do you recommend?
    18'x36' inground vinyl liner.Pentair Sand Filter SD-60, Pentair EastTouch IC40 Salt Gen.
    Pentair Legend Cleaner. Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp pump. Color LED pool light.
    Taylor K-2006 (FAS-DPD) w/ SpeedStir. Pool Built October 2013.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Salt level in pool!

Was there a sign of scaling? If not there would not have been any reason to clean it.

But, sense the salt reading went up, the cleaning obviously did something. As long as the SWG is not complaining about high salt, you are fine.

I prefer the Taylor drop-based salt test over the salt strips.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

There was just a little bit of buildup on the fins not a lot. I bought the kit to clean it this spring and though it wouldn't hurt to clean it. Didn't bubble much at all.
    18'x36' inground vinyl liner.Pentair Sand Filter SD-60, Pentair EastTouch IC40 Salt Gen.

4. Back To Top    #4

I think I had the same issue... my cell seems to read higher after its initial cleaning... I use Taylor drop test to verify where the salt really is and I don't worry about the cell reading since its within usable range.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

5. Back To Top    #5

What are the reagents for the Taylor drop-Based system I should be able to just by the reagents and use them with my speed stir or is it just as cheap to buy the kit?

6. Back To Top    #6

What are the reagents for the Taylor drop-Based system I should be able to just by the reagents and use them with my speed stir or is it just as cheap to buy the kit?

7. Back To Top    #7

The kit is just 2 reagents (do not know the numbers off hand) and another vial (which I use with the SpeedStir as there is a white build-up in it from testing).
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

8. Back To Top    #8

The kit is $22.87 Amazon Prime so free 2 day shipping

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the help guys. Tell ya how I clean my speed stir vial I just Chlorox brand wipes after every use and it stays crystal clear!

9. Back To Top    #9

We are working on having uniform profiles for all members. Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

10. Back To Top    #10

K I updated it I guess