Water softener effect on a swg pool

Iciee

Jul 5, 2011
phoenix
So my wife wants to have out water softener hooked back up ( brought it over from out last house). My question is what kind of effect will this have on my pool?
The softener can use potassium or salt but we always used potassium.
At the old house we did not have an auto fill so I would shut the softener valve off before filling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will be fine. Water from a water softener has salt instead of calcium. That often provides enough salt that you won't have to add salt separately, though situations vary. Potassium chloride is fine. We don't recommend it just because it costs more and has no advantages, but it won't hurt anything either.

Water softener has not been installed yet but the guy who installed it for me last time grabbed the main line before it entered the house. From here he ran a 1" copper pipe on opposite side of wall to softener then back out out to where it went back into the house.
I believe he would route it the same way at my current house as the main line comes into the house on other side if my garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.