Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Millipede invasion and suicide

1. Back To Top    #1
    Eastern OH border town

Angry Millipede invasion and suicide

Anyone else having a millipede invasion? Daily there are over 300 dead in the bottom of the pool. At night the deck is crunchy!!!! Read somewhere that it is a migration and last only a week or so. I have been tolerating it for the last three weeks, but it is starting to get ridiculous!
    18x36 IGVL 36,000 gallons 10.5' on the dive, 1 hp Hayward self priming super pump, 300 lbs sand filter w/ Hayward Vari-Flo valve

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Millipede invasion and suicide

No but I will trade you you millipedes for the bees I had last two years (search bees invaded my pool )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    13k IG pebble pool w/waterfall, 1hp whisperflow pump, pentair ccp320 cartridge filter
    Circupool SI45+ swg
    TF100 +speed stir Taylor 1766 salt test

3. Back To Top    #3

albany oregon

I had the same problem with bees this year. I put a small Tupper ware full of fresh water daily out kinda in the shade. The bees now stay away from the pool! millipedes however I have no clue if that would help!
    16 by 48" 5000 gallons, AG, skimmer plus 1500 filter pump with gfci

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Louisiana

We are getting them where I work too, I bet there were over 300 on the side door the other day before I left to go on vacation when it was very humid and raining.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

Palm Beach Gardens

Do you have any mulch beds around the pool deck? We had a constant millipede problem in the pool and in the house until we dug out all of the mulch beds and got rid of their breeding/feeding ground. (Check your gutters, too.

I've never read anything about them "migrating"; just moving about looking for new habitats and food sources.

BTW - ours were about 4-5 inches long...