Pump Problems after Storm

Oct 23, 2012
Hello everyone. We had some severe storms here yesterday and last night in NJ. Lost power a couple of times, and this morning when i was outside checking on damage, I noticed the pool filter was not running. I went to turn it on, to notice that the breaker for the pump in the control unit was tripped. It is a double pole 20 amp breaker. I turned all breakers off, then went and reset the main 50 amp breaker at the main box. When i go out to the pool, i turn on the breakers in control unit, and as soon as i turn on the pump breaker it trips the 50 amp breaker in the main box. no matter what order i turn the breakers on, the pump breaker trips the 50 amp breaker in main box in the house. Any ideas on what I could check?

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, the control unit is a Hayward, Goldline Aquaplus

Had PB come out today and repair under warranty. Charged $75 for a visit fee. Had to replace the circuit board within the pump. He says it most likely had lightening strike close and fry it. It was the 5th one he has replaced since Tuesday for same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.