Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump Problems after Storm

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump Problems after Storm

Hello everyone. We had some severe storms here yesterday and last night in NJ. Lost power a couple of times, and this morning when i was outside checking on damage, I noticed the pool filter was not running. I went to turn it on, to notice that the breaker for the pump in the control unit was tripped. It is a double pole 20 amp breaker. I turned all breakers off, then went and reset the main 50 amp breaker at the main box. When i go out to the pool, i turn on the breakers in control unit, and as soon as i turn on the pump breaker it trips the 50 amp breaker in the main box. no matter what order i turn the breakers on, the pump breaker trips the 50 amp breaker in main box in the house. Any ideas on what I could check?

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, the control unit is a Hayward, Goldline Aquaplus
    22,300 gallon Inground Vinyl Liner pool
    Hayward DE 3620 filter Hayward Ecostar Variable Speed Pump
    1 Skimmer, 2 Main Drains, 2 Returns, 2 step Jets, 8 ft x 3ft waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump Problems after Storm

Off the cuff i would think to check for something wet from the storms.
    Walnut Creek, CA. 18k gallon Pebble Sheen + 1.5k gallon IG spa, 1.5hp whisperflo main pump, Pentair clean and clear 420, Intellichlor IC20, Polaris 360 w/booster,Jandy lite 2 natural gas, plus solar with Heliomatic 5000 controller and 3/4 hp booster

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pump Problems after Storm

Had PB come out today and repair under warranty. Charged $75 for a visit fee. Had to replace the circuit board within the pump. He says it most likely had lightening strike close and fry it. It was the 5th one he has replaced since Tuesday for same reason.

22,300 gallon Inground Vinyl Liner pool
    Hayward DE 3620 filter Hayward Ecostar Variable Speed Pump
    1 Skimmer, 2 Main Drains, 2 Returns, 2 step Jets, 8 ft x 3ft waterfall