Intex SWG copper anodes

Apr 26, 2013
NC
Hi everyone!

We have recently installed an Intex SWG and are in the final stages of SLAMming our pool (whole other thread in progress...long story short, we had an algae issue, but it's almost clear, thankfully!) Anyway, my question is about these copper bars. This is a picture of the copper in our SWG.
Copper photo 1.jpg
These "bars" are built into the system and there is no way that I can see to remove them from the SWG system itself. We can unplug the cord that connects them to the SWG system, but the copper bars are still hanging down in the water while it passes through the generator. If we remove them all together, that will leave the opening uncovered. So, my question is, will just disconnecting the cord that connects the copper to the SWG be enough to keep copper from getting into our pool?

Most people just disconnect the cord and then there is no power going to the forcing the copper into solution. This would be like most heaters that have copper pipes for the heat exchanger ... no copper is added to the water unless you chemistry is quite off.

There was a thread though that showed that you can unscrew the nut on the 2 pins and remove the bars completely and then just put a couple stainless steel bolts and nuts back in the holes.

OK, thanks jblizzle! I'll look at the top 2 pins...one of the other members mentioned that to me, but at first glance it didn't look like those could be "operated" on, I thought she had a different model than the one we have...I'll look again and see what I can do. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.