We have recently installed an Intex SWG and are in the final stages of SLAMming our pool (whole other thread in progress...long story short, we had an algae issue, but it's almost clear, thankfully!) Anyway, my question is about these copper bars. This is a picture of the copper in our SWG.
Copper photo 1.jpg
These "bars" are built into the system and there is no way that I can see to remove them from the SWG system itself. We can unplug the cord that connects them to the SWG system, but the copper bars are still hanging down in the water while it passes through the generator. If we remove them all together, that will leave the opening uncovered. So, my question is, will just disconnecting the cord that connects the copper to the SWG be enough to keep copper from getting into our pool?