Cloudy water issue?

I'm thinking it's dead algae.
Keep an eye on your CC's and maybe do another OCLT just to confirm there's no organics.
You can vacuum to waste if you like. If it's dead algae it's no problem in the filter.

You can vacuum to waste if you like. If it's dead algae it's no problem in the filter.

+1. If you have extra water you can vac to waste but if you don't vac to filter and it just sits in there waiting to be backwashed out of your life, not a problem. It's still being bombarded with the chlorinated water so you're covered if there is a bit of live stuff in there.

instead of starting a new post I came back to my original so everyone can see my original initial problem with the pool. so now day 2-3 I am holding my over night FC and keeping it during the day at 20 and working extremely hard at keeping it clean. The CC is <0.5 or 0. Now problem: when I get up in morning on the one side of pool same side every morning there is a lot of algae on bottom appears greenish brown some disappears some yesterday I noticed didn't so I kept at the process. After vac the algae pool is the crystal clear. Is this normal??? or is this a filter issue??? I am using hardly any bleach at this point to maintain the FC at 20 even during the day. I checked the CYA again just to make sure I was at right shock level and it still remains at the 50.

just weird when will that all stop sitting at the bottom of the pool everyday? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Jeff I think you should take the ride and take care of this pool for me and ill add you to speed dial LOL Thanks for all your fellow PA help...I don't think us new newbies realize how difficult taking care of a pool really is and without all of your help it would be impossible!

its ok just saw your post Where do I buy the DE at???... I am giving up here. Lost for what to do. I had a clear pool yesterday and today its starting to look like it whats to turn cloudy again its not quite there yet but you can tell its not right. Having the same issue of this algae on bottom of pool it does disappear when you try to vaccum it so I tried to vac it slowly and tried to vac to waste and it still came back today. This time after vac some stuff blew back into the pool I am so frustrated I don't get the problem I had no issues till a week ago when this storm rolled in.... Here are my numbers today
FC 12
CC 0
PH 8.2
CYA 30
TA 100

Any advice???

You want to get a pool grade DE. You do not want to get food grade or pesticide. I picked up a box of it at FleetFarm, the AquaChem was 24lbs for about $25. You might want to call around to see who has what and for how much. 24lbs is way more than you need with a sand filter but I bought it as it was relatively cheap and it will keep on the shelf for a couple years.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you post a picture of the water ??

Attachments

• DE filter aid.jpg
    DE filter aid.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Diatomaceous Earth splash 10lbs.jpg
    Diatomaceous Earth splash 10lbs.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 32

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.