Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do I need to raise FC first before adjusting CYA?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do I need to raise FC first before adjusting CYA?

I am fairly new to TFPC. I did first water test by myself tonight. It turned out that CYA is 30, but FC is 1.5, which is also a little low. Some TFPer here suggested me to raise FC first before adjusting CYA. I wonder if I could adjust CYA and FC at the same time? I plan to add 1qt muriatic acid to pool (since pH is about 8.0), and have CYA sock in the skimmer tomorrow morning before work, then pull bleach to raise FC later around evening. Does the plan work? Or any suggestion please?
    32 ft x 25 ft x (4.5 ft ~ 8.0 ft) 30k gallon pool || AquaPure Model APUREM SWG || Pentair MiniMaxPlus Electronic Ignition Heater || Pentair FNS Plus 60 D.E Filter || TFTestKits TF-100

PoolMathCalc

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do I need to raise FC first before adjusting CYA?

Get the FC up into range asap. Add the CYA wherever you like and and raise the FC to stay in range as the CYA dissolves.

And please do not double post ... This could have been asked and answered in your existing thread.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Do I need to raise FC first before adjusting CYA?

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Get the FC up into range asap. Add the CYA wherever you like and and raise the FC to stay in range as the CYA dissolves.

And please do not double post ... This could have been asked and answered in your existing thread.
    Noted. Sorry about double posting.
    32 ft x 25 ft x (4.5 ft ~ 8.0 ft) 30k gallon pool || AquaPure Model APUREM SWG || Pentair MiniMaxPlus Electronic Ignition Heater || Pentair FNS Plus 60 D.E Filter || TFTestKits TF-100

PoolMathCalc