Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to buy new wire for my heater?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to buy new wire for my heater?

I have a hayward H400 ED1 milivolt, that is not working and as i was troubleshooting I was trying to remove one of the wires from a switch and the lead broke off the switch and stayed attached to the wire. It is so rusted that I can't pull it from the wire. Where can I get a new wire? The switch is #25 in the diagram, part #HAXTLK1930. I'm not home so I don't remember what the other end of the wire was connected to.

http://www.poolcenter.com/p/h-series...1-style-page-1
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Where to buy new wire for my heater?

I think you are referring to one of the limits, HAXTLK1930. You can get the stranded wire from any big box home improvement store.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Where to buy new wire for my heater?

just in case somebody has the same issues I had, the big box store didn't have wires that met the standards, according to the heater manual. The manual states 105 degrees C, the store's wire only had up to 90, furthermore their connectors are rated 75 C. I did find what I needed on the Internet big store.
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit