Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Have you given your pool a name?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Have you given your pool a name?

Since having read the analogy often that a pool is like a pet, I've decided to give my pool a name...

Oscar

It fits because... well... when I don't take good care of Oscar, he turns into a green swampy smelling grouch. Oscar doesn't seem to mind being that way. In fact, he's perfectly happy taunting me while I throw away my hard earned green in the trash!!!

OTOH... when Oscar looks the way it does now... sparkely clean... I feel like I should get a prize or something

Ok... back on my meds

Thanks for all the help keeping Oscar (and me) happy.

Splash
    19.5k gal, 16x32 vinyl liner, sand filter, 1hp single speed pump, K-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Have you given your pool a name?

LOL! that's awesome!
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

CUTE! I will have to think on that. We name everything else why not the pool???????

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

My wife named our Polaris cleaner "Polly" soon after we bought it. I have to admit, the implications of Oscar & Polly getting together are a bit weird @@
    19.5k gal, 16x32 vinyl liner, sand filter, 1hp single speed pump, K-2006 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah right now it is...you better be worth it black hole! We are buying a foreclosure and the pool needs a new liner. The bank is paying but it is holding up closing. I am just praying the equipment works ok otherwise it may hold us up even more. We are living in a hotel and we are all tired of it and ready to move in.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

6. Back To Top    #6

We had a Hayward pool cleaner, and since Hayward seems like such a great name (even for a human), we would just call it Hayward.

"Could you please take Hayward off of the hose."

"I think Hayward needs to be cleaned again."
    Bobby (my pool)
    18,000 gallon in ground/white plaster
    Flotec pump/Aquatech MYB100 single cartridge filter - runs 6 hours/day in evening during summer