Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Booster Pump Leak

1. Back To Top    #1

Booster Pump Leak

Hi,

I have a leak around one of the bottom screws on the volute on my Pentair booster pump
    http://www.poolcenter.com/p/la01n-booster-pump

Is searching for information, it seems that the leaks on these usually are from the seals and o-rings. Is that what I should replace or is there water inside the volute?

Thanks for your help,

Lynn
    12000 Gallon Freeform Pool
    SWG
    Jandy AquaPure 1400
    Leslie's DPD Complete Chlorine Kit + FAS/DPD Chlorine Tester and Swirler from TFP.com
    Tree covered lot - cottonwoods and crepe myrtles. Great shade during the summer, miserable fall cleaning leaves from the pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Booster Pump Leak

There is certainly water inside the volute but it is likely leaking out from one or several seals. Those need to be replaced.. Often you can get a "seal kit" that will replace all of them and save you some money.

This is a Moderate DIY job and should not be attempted unless you are confidant.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Booster Pump Leak

Thanks, Dave. I'm actually thinking I might take it to Leslie's and see if they'll do it for me.

After watching some YouTube videos, I'm pretty confident that I can do it, so if they're going to need to keep it for several days to get it done, I'll try it myself.

Thanks for the feedback.

Lynn
    12000 Gallon Freeform Pool
    SWG
    Jandy AquaPure 1400
    Leslie's DPD Complete Chlorine Kit + FAS/DPD Chlorine Tester and Swirler from TFP.com
    Tree covered lot - cottonwoods and crepe myrtles. Great shade during the summer, miserable fall cleaning leaves from the pool.