SWG output, how's my math

Jul 6, 2013
Waxahachie, Tx.
According to Hayward my SWG can produce a maximum of 1.4 lbs of chlorine/day. So I did the math.....I think is correct.
1.4 lbs =22.4 oz a day(24 hours)
That's 0.933 oz per hour.
I run my pump at the moment for 10 hours a day at 1200 RPM (100 watts of power) turn over rate approx 3 times......yes I know that's probably over kill, but anyway. My output is set at 50%. Which means that the system will generate chlorine for 5 of the 10 hours.
That comes to 5 x 0.933 = 4.66 oz of chlorine. I f I plug that number into pool math I get 5 PPM of FC during my run time. My system seems to be maintaining ok. This gives me nice bench mark.

FC at 430PM hottest part of day =4.5ppm
TA = 125
PH = 7.4
CYA = 55 in progress of raising to 70
Salt = 3500
Water temp = 90F
CH = 250

Your signature says a T-3 cell, but it is the T-15 that produces 1.4 lbs per day.

Your math is right, but I think you started with the wrong output. The T-3 is only 0.6 lbs per day ... which puts your daily addition at 2.1ppm FC each day which is more reasonable.

Is there a relationship between flow rate and chlorine generation? That is, does the cell generate the same amount of chlorine at a pump speed of 1200 rpm as it would on the same system at, say, 1600 rpm?
Thanks,
Mike
No relationship. The SWG either has enough flow to generate or it does not and will not generate. The amount of FC produced is independent of the pump speed.

Thanks . I hope this helps someone other than me. I was looking at setting a bench mark or reference for doing any additional adjustments. I know testing is still required but this shpuld keep me in the ballpark

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.