I'm Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
The safe level is based on your CYA reading. You dont want to swim in water where FC is higher than the shock level for your corresponding CYA level. Refer to the chart at http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock. I would go with what the pool store says. If they say CYA is 20 ppm, then the max safe level for swimming is FC=10 ppm, according the the chart.

I understand that you want to be able to swim Friday, whether the pool is clear or not. That is why you don't want to add CL to take you above 10. Otherwise your only choice will be to hope it falls below 5 so the Pool Store can measure it. It will probably happen, but if it doesn't, you wont know if the FC level is above 10 without the kit that isn't arriving until Saturday.

You cant check FC level without your test kit. The pool store or your strips wont work. They wont tell you if the level is over 5. That is why if your FC is 0, I suggested only adding enough CL/shock to raise FC to 10PPM. If you don't raise level above 10, it is safe to swim. Unfortunately, this may not be sufficient to prevent green in the pool. But you cant do the SLAM without the FAS-DPD test for CL.

Or if they are using the DPD test, it could be 60 and they will tell you 0 because the test faded out. Happened to another member a few years ago ... kept adding more and more chlorine and test kept reading 0. Finally got a good kit and found astronomical FC levels.

Is there a safe number even if the pool is not crystal clear that the kids could still swim in Friday?

Why on earth would you let children swim in a deep and cloudy pool? Especially children that do not belong to you? (Birthday party)

Because letting children swim in a deep and cloudy pool is dangerous. That is why I'm questioning you.

Sorry for the loss of your mom.

I'm done, hate a bad apple ruined the whole bunch. But if I wanted parenting advice I'd join another forum. Thanks to those who have tired to help me out on short notice. I'll take what info I have gathered and go at it alone. Keep Calm And Chive On

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This thread has deteriorated to the level of many other forums wherein name calling and personal judgements become far more important than the original question of the thread. We are too busy helping too many people to get involved in this. The thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.