Solar cover and skimmer

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
I never thought of this before, but my solar cover is keeping alot of the junk on the top of the water from getting skimmed out by the skimmer.

Plus all the leaves and bugs that get trapped on top always end up in the pool when I take it off. I'm starting to think the little heat gain I do get isnt worth the hassle...

Although when it is on, it reduces my FC loss tremendously.

Decisions, Decisions....

I find that to be a feature, not a bug. When the stuff falls into the pool it is generally all in one area, or at least near the surface, so easy to grab with the leaf rake. I've also heard of some members using a hose to spray the stuff on the cover towards the skimmer so it just goes right in.

Without the added heat from a cover, my wife would rarely find the temperature tolerable, so it is a no-brainer for me. Losing only 1ppm a day is also nice!

Grab your garden hose and wash the debris on the cover into the skimmer opening before you remove the cover. Just takes a minute.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.